Preview for 2022 Mexico Town Grand Prix weekend as Max Verstappen appears to be like to make background all around Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez.
With the driver and constructors’ titles all sorted, Red Bull can pay for to unwind this weekend and begin focusing on future season, even though Verstappen heads to Mexico on the lookout to make historical past for most victories in a one year (excluding sprint races) as he chases a 14th get of 2022.
Sergio Perez in the meantime enters his property race battling Charles Leclerc for 2nd in the championship, although George Russell, Carlos Sainz and Lewis Hamilton look to hold their fading hopes alive in the race for next.
Elsewhere, Alpine and McLaren proceed to scrap above fourth in the constructors’ standings while Alfa Romeo and Aston Martin similarly do the identical above seventh and Haas battle AlphaTauri for eighth placement respectively.
Now, right here is all the things you need to know forward of 2022 Mexico Town Grand Prix.
Circuit: Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
Race Distance: 305.354km
Tyre Compounds: C2, C3, C4
|Friday 28 Oct||FP1||7:00pm|
|Friday 28 October||FP2*||10:00pm|
|Saturday 29 October||FP3||6:00pm|
|Saturday 29 October||Qualifying||9:00pm|
|Sunday 30 October||Race||8:00pm|
*Race will consider place at 8pm GMT for the reason that clocks go back again just one hour at 2am on 30 October.
** FP2 will final 90 minutes owing to a Pirelli tyre check having put in the session.
5 Key Tips
- Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez is situated at higher-altitude which will area substantial pressures upon the turbo portion of electricity device and cooling inside of the car.
- Potent dependable brakes will be significant given the opportunity superior temperatures and limited cooling alternatives owing to the thin air.
- Preventing make contact with in the opening corners of the race will be vital to preserving to planned race tactics.
- Red Bull have normally been the kind crew to defeat in latest visits to Mexico and have done perfectly total this period, so hope to see them complete properly here at Perez’s dwelling race.
- Slipstreming together the extremely-very long main straight proved critical at race commence in 2021 indicating that the entrance row could not be the most effective put to get started if those people at the rear of can get a tow to Transform One particular.
Final Time Out
Mercedes claimed a front-row lockout in 2021 with Valtteri Bottas on pole situation in advance of Lewis Hamilton but at lights out, Verstappen reached a wonderful start off the line to slipstream each Mercedes drivers and seize the direct into Switch 1.
Verstappen proceeded to never ever glimpse back again as he sped absent to a cozy victory en-route to his maiden F1 title, forward of Hamilton who fought off Perez for second at the Mexican’s home race.